Saturday, May 18, 2013

The Simara Island New Attraction: Footbridge


My first official post and what better way to start it with a blog about the latest attraction in my home island of Simara, Romblon. Just a little background about the island, it is one of the many islands in Romblon, and it is well known to most as Corcuera, as it is the name of the municipality, but to locals, it is Simara island...
View of the beach in brgy. Poblacion in Simara


It has been two years since I last visited my hometown and during my three day stay in the island last April, I enjoyed everything from local food, the beaches and of course the newest attraction, the footbridge.It is a structure built through the efforts of the Sangguniang bayan members of the municipality and  is long enough for it to cover two barangays in our island. Before going home, i didnt know there was such a thing so I was quite surprised to learn about it from my cousin. We hired a motorcycle (the only means of land transportation) and off we went to see it.

I was pretty amazed when I saw the footbridge...how ingenius!!..I feel in love with it the moment i saw it...
the entry point of the footbridge in brgy. Mabini...


The whole footbridge was made of bamboo and I was pretty scared to actually walk in it...hehe...But  i faced my fear and actually made it to the part where there are lots of mangroves..Dont be fooled the photo, the water is actually quite deep...and I dont really know, maybe because of the hot sun, but I felt sea sick while traversing in the footbridge...So we didnt actually finished it and reach the other barangay...:(

tall mangroves shade visitors from the scorching heat of the summer...:)

Jen and Xiaxi after the footbridge experience...kehehe
But my other cousin Sarah, took another trip to the footbridge with her friends and they actually finished it and even swam in the beach in brgy. san roque where the other end of the footbridge is situated...:)

My cousin soaking up lots of vit.D? in the beach near the footbridge...:)


I wish I had not felt sea sick when I went there so that I could actually finish it....but I actually enjoyed it and next time i visit my hometown, I want to come visit the footbridge again....:)








1 comment:

  1. Dear blogger,
    Thank you for sharing your experience in Romblon.

    If you're planning to visit again Romblon and want get an updated information.
    Contact Romblon Provincial Tourism Office at:
    Landline: (042) 567-5145
    Mobile: 0920 629 5838 / 0926 718 8286
    Email: info.romblonislands@gmail.com
    Facebook: www.facebook.com/RomblonIslands

    In Romblon, one can find paradise...

    ReplyDelete